Tuesday 13 September 2011

Where my mind is at..........

 In exactly 4 sleeps, me and my little family will be on a plane, headed for the ( well, I would say GREENER pastures, but I'm thinking that with the amount of rain we had this summer, that that would be impossible)- so, 2nd greatest country in the world. I might say it's the best,. but with the other 4 members of my family being English, I might be out-voted ;)
 This fills me with both dread, and joy. A ten hour flight with Aniya--------enough to make anyone squirm. It's the first time that I will be going on an airplane with her without having the option of nursing her to make her fall asleep. You never want your kid to be THAT kid who screams the whole flight and the parents look completely lost because they have no idea how to appease them. And I know I shouldn't worry, because we have not had a bad flight yet, in all our years of flying. And I think this will be Jacob's 8th time coming home---and Aniya's third time. So you think I'd have chilled out by now. ANYWAYS, my husband will be flying with us, both ways, and although he is slightly disabled ( had foot surgery 3 weeks ago and he's still not able to put a proper shoe on his foot....) it helps. He looks after the boys ( because they're the most difficult---right.) and I have the pleasure of looking after TROUBLE! Here's to hoping all goes well--

 Excitement--- I get to see my family and my friends again, and this is always good. And I'll be honest. If my sister Jen wasn't going to be there also, we wouldn't be going. The last time we saw eachother was 18 months ago, and lots happens in the life of a child in 18months. Aubrey was barely speaking when we saw her last, and  was so quiet and easy-going. Much has changed ;) And Aniya was only 8 months when Jen saw HER last. OH how things have changed. And this is what excites me most! Seeing how different the kids are now, and to see them interact with eachother! AND we are all staying at my Mom and Dad's for the last two weeks of Jen's visit, once Zach has left her and gone back to Georgia. So it's gonna be a party at Mom and Dad's house ;)

 So there is a tonne of stuff to do before we set off, so i better get a move on and start organizing and packing. I have quite the task ahead of my as my husband insists we only take two suitcases---for a family of five--- staying for four weeks----we'll see who wins ;)


Soon he'll be looking like this............


And he'll be enjoying this............

And all the cousins will be enjoying each-others company!

And hopefully the boys will get to do a little bit more of this.

And something tells me my family will see a little change in these little smoochers.

Good times ahead. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Two posts in one month! You're on a roll sister! I CAN NOT wait to see your little family and I'm very glad you warned Cobs of upcoming smooches he will just have to deal with ;) I'm pretty sure I'm gonna sit there and hug you all for 3 days straight! Funny how I know in my head that 18 months is a long time, but some how it feels like years since I saw you last! We need to start to get on the money train so we can do bi-yearly visits and stop this non-sense of too much time passing. I'll inform Zach that he needs to ask for a raise. Now on to how cute your children are....SO CUTE! Can't wait to go to Birchwood Dairy for ice cream, mmmm and to let the kids get all muddy out in Oma's garden! Aubrey is going to be in her glory spending almost 2 weeks with your kids! Oh, and good luck with those suitcases.....hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOly cow. 2 post in the past week? Is that right! I love reading your blog !!!!!

    Oh you guys are going to have a wonderful time with each other. Hope you get all packed... 2 suitcases? I hope that they are large...
    Have a Great Safe trip. PRaying for all of you guys as you head over.

    ReplyDelete