Friday 6 May 2011

The ultimate procrastinator

 I just wanted to let you know that I'm not dead, and I have not fallen off the face of the earth. With each new week, there come new problems...and most of them seem to consume too much of me. As I get older ( and this is something that really upsets me these days....pre-mid-life crisis) I learn more about my strengths and weaknesses. With age, and children, came patience. Something I DEFINATELY did not have as a child and young adult. I have also learned that I don't like change. (And this may seem funny, considering I left behind all that I knew in Abbotsford, and moved to England to be with my husband. ) But I like things just the way they are, and would be happy to never have to move again. And I mean both house, and country. Change stresses me out!

 I always knew that if Jo and I hadn't moved back to Canada before the kids started up school, the chances of us moving back home would be slim. And it's true--- the idea has become less and less appealing. However, whenever things happen in our life, and we feel like we're going to have to CHANGE how we do things, we always come back to that ultimate change, which is moving back home. I guess it's one of those things that will never be a closed topic of conversation.

 So this has turned out to be a bit random----- I was simply going to say that I had contemplated throwing in the towel, and just admitting that I am not a blogger, and never will be. Setting aside the time each day, to sit in front of the computer, just doesn't seem possible at times. And I actually feel like the computer and internet take up too much of my time, and distracts me from my kids too much. It's no wonder that mothers of years gone past, got so much more done in their homes than us. Could you imagine if we didn't have a TV or computer?!? The stuff we could accomplish could be incredible. However, I would still be a procrastinator, so who knows.

 ANYWAYS----- I shall soon be starting my 'Ode to my children' posts, starting with my eldest. I have learned to put no time scales on this blog thing, but shall do it sooner rather than later. My husband has left me for the weekend. Gone to his friends Stag, and left me to care for our children. So hopefully I find the time to do what I want to do :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY a post!!
    I have something to say, so bear with me....
    Keep blogging. I keep hearing so many people say that they, "don't have the time" or ask me in a 'tone' how I have time to...suggesting that I'm dillydallying all day, eating bon-bons and not taking care of my kid.
    Here's the thing, I CHOOSE to make time for it...for me! It's while Aubrey is sleeping or painting and to be honest, I feel like a better mom if I've taken time for myself that day(and for the Lord!). I think that lots of times we moms feel like we have to forget who we are in order to take care of our kids and that just a load of poop. I never feel happier then when I've blogged, whipped out the sewing machine, or done some sort of photography. I think that our kids need to see us do things for US, and that it's not all about daddy's job or how much we cleaned that day.
    You and I both know that we had a mother that did nothing for herself, and it just seemed like we would go in that direction too.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to get on a soap box about this, and I hope that you are not offended, but I've been thinking about this a lot lately --been talking to Amy about it and I guess I wanted to get this off my chest! ....hmmmm I think I'll go blog about it now ;)

    ReplyDelete